Laser Belt, Chain & Pulley Alignment Services
When pulleys are not aligned properly, additional loads are induced. The aim of belt alignment is to align the grooves of the drive and driven pulleys so that the belts run with minimal wear. Proper alignment extends the service life of belts and bearings, reduces vibration and noise levels, and saves energy.
Pulley misalignment can be angular, between the driving and driven pulley in either the vertical or horizontal plane, or it can be parallel, with one pulley offset from the other as the pulleys are viewed from the edge. In practice, more than one type of belt misalignment can exist at the same time. Unless belt misalignment is corrected, a new belt will last no longer than the one it replaced.
Assetmatrix is able to reduce the wear on sheaves/pulleys, belts, bearings and seals, and we also help you achieve lower noise and vibration levels on your machines with the use of specialized laser belt alignment tool (Easy-Laser® XT190).
The accuracy of the digital readout of the laser belt alignment tool we deploy means that we can align within prescribed tolerances and rely on the result.
Advantages of laser belt alignment:
- Extend the life of belts and pulleys
- Aids proper belt tensioning
- Reduces power consumption
- Reduces stress on bearings, shafts, couplings and seals.
- Avoids overheating of bearings and couplings
- Reduces vibrations and noise
- Increases production capacity and quality
- Prolongs the total service life cycle of machine.