OIL MOISTURE METER TOR-1
TOR-1 is a device for quick and precise measurement of the moisture content in insulation oil, even in miniscule quantities.
The high sensitivity and excellent long-term stability make this tester an ideal solution for constant control of moisture content in transformer oil.
The TOET provides the following parameters:
- active water;
- calculation of absolute water content in ppm.
The device includes all components for easy and comfortable use:
- two digital indicators: one for sample temperature, the other for moisture content in ppm;
- a removable sample container;
- two buttons: power and test start.
The amount of water in the oil can be described as an absolute value in ppm or a relative value of aw:
- ppm is the ratio of moisture weight to oil weight;
- aw is the actual water content as a percentage of water content in fully saturated oil.
A value of aw = 0 corresponds to completely dry oil, while aw = 1 corresponds to a completely saturated oil.
The measurement with this sensor is based on exceptional long-term stability and resistance of capacitance sensor elements to contamination. The measured physical properties are water activity w and temperature T. Using these parameters, the device calculates the amount of water (ppm) in mineral transformer oil. The calculation of water content in non-mineral transformer oil and lubrication oil, may be performed by entering certain oil parameters.