Construction Materials Testing
Concrete Cover Meter NOVOTEST Rebar Detector
Concrete Cover Meter NOVOTEST Rebar Detector (rebar locator) is designed in accordance to EN 12504-4, ASTM C597-02, ISO 1920-7:2004, IS13311, CECS 21 standards and is intended for operational monitoring of reinforced (searching rebars inside building structures) concrete products and structures for process control in the factories and building sites, surveys buildings and structures. The device measures the protective layer of concrete by magnetic method.
The main function of Concrete Cover Meter NOVOTEST Rebar Detector:
- Measuring the thickness of the protective layer of concrete with a certain diameter
- Determination of the diameter of fittings for a known protective layer
- Measurements of the unknown parameters of reinforcement
- Scan mode products
- Deep search for reinforcement
- Configuration mode for steel
- High precision measurements of concrete cover
- Search rebar by means of a linear indicator, digital readout, and tone
- The presence of a deep search mode
- Ability to compensate for the influence of parallel rods
- Graphic display with backlight
- The sensor design with convenient strap
- Small size and weight
- Determination of the projections on the surface of the concrete reinforcement, the measurement of the protective layer, the diameter estimate
- Automated calibration of the instrument before performing the measurements
- An automated setup for steel
- Displays information on a graphical display with backlight
|Range of measuring the thickness of the protective layer, mm||2 … 170|
|Controlled diameters, mm||3-50|
|Measurement accuracy, mm||(0,03 h + 0.5)|
|Overall dimensions, mm||120x60x25|
|Operating temperature, ° C||-5 … +40 ° C|
|Power supply||2pcs AA batteries|
|Time of continuous work hours, not less||10|
|Weight of electronic unit with batteries, no more, kg||0.2|
- Electronic unit
- 2 AA batteries
- Operating manual
Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH
Concrete rebound hammer (sclerometer) – is a device for concrete and other building materials strength testing. The engineer Ernst Schmidt invented the construction of the sclerometer.
The method is based on the impacting the impact plunger on the concrete surface with predetermined (normed) impacting energy and subsequent measuring of the height of the striker rebounding. The height of the striker rebounding will be proportional to the strength of concrete. The strength of concrete is determined with the calibration charts that are supplied with the instrument.
Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH is very ease in operation, has good reliability of design and high measurement accuracy, so that this method is the most common method of measuring the strength of concrete in the world. The strength testing with the Concrete rebound hammer is correspond with ASTM C 805; ASTM D 5873 (for rock); DIN 1048, p. 2; ENV 206; EN 12 504-2; ISO / DIS 8045.
There are several versions of the device, which are different in impacting energy.
- The most “powerful” Rebound hammer is designed to measure the strength of concrete with a thickness of 70-100mm and more, also for the strength testing of massive rocks with impact energy – 2,207J (Nm). This is the base and the most common model of Rebound hammer, about 90% of the Rebound hammers in the world have the same impact energy.
- Average “powerful” Rebound hammer has the 735J (735 Nm) impacting energy. The impact energy is reduced threefold in compared with the base model. The main application of this instrument is measuring the strength of bricks and concrete products with a wall thickness less than 100 mm and small sizes of sample, also it used for testing the less strength stones and rocks.
- The least “powerful” Rebound hammer has 196J (196Nm) impact energy. The main purpose is the strength testing the mortar of brick masonry.
Depending on requirements tasks user always need to select the correct model of Rebound hammer. All models, independently of impact energy, are devices for non-destructive testing, so that they are not destroying the object of testing.
To verify the accuracy of Rebound hammer, a special calibrated anvil is used . Correctly functioning instrument have to display certain value testing the standard anvil.
Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH has 3 modifications with different impacting energy, so that user can test all kinds of concrete and other building materials.
|Names / model||Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-225||Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-75||Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-20|
|Measurement range of strength, MPa||10 – 60||10 – 60||1 – 25|
|Impact energy, J||2207||735||196|
|Minimum thickness of testing object, mm||70 and more||50 – 100||30 and more|
|Measurement accuracy, %||10|
|Hardness value of impact plunger working surface, HRC, no less||60|
|Surface roughness of testing object, Ra um, no worse||40|
|Radius of impact plunger, mm||25|
|Operating temperature range, ° C||-20 … +50|
|Weight of the device, kg, no more||1|
|Gross weight of package, kg||1.7|
- Special calibrated anvil for verifying the accuracy of the device.
- There are several modifications of the measuring methods, which are different in impacting energy:
– Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-225
– Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-75
– Concrete Rebound Hammer NOVOTEST SH-20
- Rebound hammer (impacting energy as required)
- Grinder for surface preparation
- Operating manual
Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM
Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM is an Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) tester for finding defects in concrete products, bricks and other solid materials based on the analysis of the propagation of ultrasonic waves in the material.
Two transducers are connected to the device (transmitter and receiver), during operation, the device gets the time of propogation ultrasonic waves between the transducers, having a fixed base (distance between the transducers), the device calculates the velocity of ultrasonic waves in the material, based on which it is possible to build a correlation with the testing parameter. The method allows users to evaluate such parameters as strength, density, elastic modulus, sound index and other parameters that have a correlation with the velocity of propagation of ultrasound in the material. The device meets the ASTM C597-16 (Standard Test Method for Pulse Velocity Through Concrete).
The main advantages and tasks the Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM can solve:
Strength measurement of solid building and composite materials is the primary purpose of the Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM. The device has presets for determining the strength of several of the most common materials, such as heavy and lightweight concrete, and several types of bricks. However, for the most accurate strength assessment, individual calibration for a specific material is recommended.
Also a parameter that can be measured by an indirect method (through ultrasound). In the presence of samples of known density, it is possible to calibrate the device for the available material, and then quickly evaluate the density without destroying, weighing, or other manipulations with the tested object.
SEARCH FOR SPACES AND CRACKS
The device allows user to assess the bearing capacity of reinforced concrete structures, porosity and the presence of cracks that occurred during the manufacture and operation, texture of composite materials and the degree of anisotropy. Using a surface sounding probe, it is possible to measure the depth of surface cracks.
MEASURING OTHER PARAMETERS
The presence of an A-scan signal display function in the device allows the user to configure the device on almost any sample. Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM allows to test any parameters of solids that correlate with thevelocity of ultrasonic waves in the material, for example:
– assessment of the degree of maturity of concrete in the process of monolithic concreting;
– the elastic modulus of fiberglass and carbon graphite;
– determination of the sound index of building ceramics and abrasives, etc.
The use of the latest developments in circuitry and modern electronic components made it possible to realize a high-quality acoustic track, a powerful ultrasonic pulse generator and a low-noise receiver in a compact body – all this makes it possible to significantly increase the testing range, as well as increase the sensitivity of the device when defects are detected. The Strength Meter NOVOTEST IPSM is designed for operation in temperature range from -20 to +40 C °. Thanks to the protective silicone case, the device case becomes shockproof.
MEMORY AND SOFTWARE
The device has the function of saving the measurement results to the archive, that can be transferred to the PC using special software, for subsequent data processing.
- Measurement of the strength and density of concrete, bricks and silicate stones, other solid building and composite materials.
- Assessment of the bearing capacity of reinforced concrete structures, porosity and the presence of rock cracks, texture of composite materials and the degree of anisotropy.
- Assessment of the degree of maturity of concrete in the process of monolithic concreting.
- Searching for spaces, cracks and other internal defects arising during the manufacturing and operation.
- Testing of material uniformity.
- Measurement depth of surface cracks.
- Determination of the sound index of ceramics and abrasives.
- Determination of the density and elastic modulus of fiberglass and carbon graphites.
|The range of measurements of the propagation of ultrasonic vibrations, µs||10 … 9999|
|The measurement resolution of the propagation time of ultrasonic vibration, µs||0.1|
|The operating frequency of the ultrasonic oscillations, kHz||50-100|
|The base surface sounding measurements in mm||120|
|The output voltage, V||up to 600|
|Storage of measurement results||128 (1000 cells)|
|Overall dimensions of el. unit, mm||122x65x23|
|Operating temperature, ° C||-20…+40 C°|
|Power||2 pcs AA batteries|
|Time of continuous operation, h, not less||10|
- Silicon cover for case
- Ultrasonic transducers for through-sounding testing
- Ultrasonic probe for surface-sounding testing
- Calibration sample