Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer
The M5500 Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer is the newest generation of SFRA diagnostic instrument from Doble.
With incredibly fast sweep speed and expanded dynamic range, you can use the Doble M5500 test set to investigate mechanical integrity of transformers, reactors and other equipment with windings. Coupled with the ease-of-use and powerful features of the new SFRA 6 Software, conducting SFRA testing and analysis of your apparatus has never been easier or more productive.
If you can measure the frequency response of a transformer, then you can identify physical movement and other issues with the winding, core, and connections.
The M5500 sends an excitation signal into the transformer and measures the returning signals. Comparing this response to baseline readings and test results from similar units allows you to identify deviations and confirm internal mechanical problems.
The M5500 reduces the uncertainty about apparatus condition by providing solid evidence of mechanical integrity or winding movement. Use it to help determine how a transformer is deteriorating, if it can go back in service after a fault, or if it has been damaged during transit.
Specify Doble SFRA baseline testing as part of the factory test for your new transformer and call for retest at every major transportation mode change or crane lift. Use it after system faults and during routine testing as part of your diagnostic tool kit.
- Lightweight and rugged portable test instrument
- Typical sweep speeds between 15 and 30 seconds for reduced overall testing time
- Default frequency range of 20 Hz to 2 MHz, expanded range from 10 Hz to 25 MHz
- Dynamic Range > 150 dB
- Wired or wireless connection to the controlling PC\
- Includes new SFRA v6 Software for control and analysis
- “CE” mark indicating conformity to European Union directives regarding electromagnetic compliance, safety, and hazardous substances
- Ensure transformer performance, reduce maintenance costs and increase the service life of transformers
- Identify problems such as core movement, winding deformation and displacement, faulty core grounds, partial winding collapse, hoop buckling, broken or loose clamping structures, shorted turns and open windings
- Use as part of your regular maintenance program or any time you suspect a problem
- Measurements are highly repeatable so even subtle changes can be used for diagnostic purposes
SFRA Measurement Cables
The SFRA measurement cables comply with FRA measurement requirements according to IEC 60076-18. Two cable kits are available.
SFRA Classic Plus
This is the default cable shipped with the M5400 in the 18 m (60 ft) length, with classic 3.6 m (12 ft) fixed-length ground connection. It provides ring-style reference ground connection for shorted lead testing and IEC 60076-18 FRA Method 1 (shortest braid) grounding technique with optional braid kit.
IEC 1 with Braid Kit
Use the IEC 1 kit if you test only by the IEC 60076-18 Method 1 technique (shortest braid). The braid kit allows you to test on bushings up to 800 kV level.
Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer
Doble M5400 Sweep Frequency Response Analysis test set is use investigate mechanical integrity of transformers, reactors and other equipment consisting of windings. If you measure the frequency response of a winding then you can identify winding movement.
The M5400 sends an excitation signal into the transformer and measures the returning signals. Comparing this response to baseline readings and results from similar units allows you to identify deviations and confirm internal mechanical problems.
The M5400 reduces the uncertainty about apparatus condition by providing solid evidence of mechanical integrity or winding movement. Use it to help determine how a transformer is deteriorating, if it can go back in service after a fault or if it has been damaged during transit.
Apply the M5400 during factory tests, after transportation, crane delivery, system faults or even routine maintenance in order to get a baseline test result for future evaluations.
Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer Accessories
MODEL: SFRA Accessories
Doble SFRA Accessories include two options for measurement cables, as well as a performance verification cell to help you confirm that your M5400 Sweep Frequency Response Analyzer and leads are working properly.
These accessories give you the opportunity to choose what best fits your testing program and ensure testing accuracy.