Vibration Measurement & Analysis
Vibration measurement is used to detect early warning signs of failure which can lead to machine break down, allowing machinery to be repaired or its parts replaced before costly faulure occurs.
Our vibration monitoring equipment provides machine vibration analysis to identify acute problems, or data collection capability for trending and preventative maintenance. This service can provide an early warning of problems on various types of rotating equipment. Performing correct preventive maintenance saves time and money.
With Problems such as:
- Looseness (Mechanical/Structural)
- Coupling Faults
- Blade Pass /Vane Pass / Lobe Pass
- Cavitation / Recirc
- Felt Barring
- Gear Problems
- Bearing Faults
- Lubrication / Friction
- Electrical Motor Frequencies (Rotor Bars /Electrical imbalance)
We can trend data from various tests to gain a more holistic view of the machine’s condition to predict when corrective maintenance needs to be performed.
We monitor and trend all types of rotating machines such as:
- Motors AC/DC
- Fans / Blowers
- Wind Turbines
- Drum Dryers /Slow Speed Trunions
- Paper Machines
- Any Accessible Rotating Equipment
Routine vibration surveys are often conducted with a portable digital data collector combined with specific software designed to display trending and spectral analysis. Once any problems have been identified, reports are generated which provide recommendations such as:
- Ratings on the severity of the vibration
- How long the vibration has trended upward
- Time projections until alarm or danger set points will be reached
These reports also include diagnostic assessments to help identify the possible sources of the vibration and provide repair recommendations. We can trend data from various tests to gain a more holistic view of the machine’s condition to predict when corrective maintenance needs to be performed.
Planned vibration surveys will result in:
- Decreased downtime
- Increased production/efficiency
- Decreased maintenance costs